You can submit your answers at email@example.com
Your local council is considering closing a sports and leisure centre that it runs in order to save money. Write a letter to your local council. In your letter:
- give details how you, your friends and family use the centre.
- explain why sports and leisure centre is important for local community.
- describe the possible effects on local people if the centre closes.
Okay. This seems easy. Isn’t it? Let me present a structure with hints you should follow to answer this question:
Introduction: Yes. A letter has an introduction. An opening paragraph that explains the issue. Rather paraphrase the statement. It may include a word expressing your EMOTIONS. For instance “I’m writing this letter to express concern ……“.
Once you’re done writing about 20 words in introduction, its time to explain the body.
Since this is a letter to local council (which is usually made for welfare of local citizens) keep your tone friendly. Choose your words (usually verbs) very carefully. Now, let us brainstorm.
- How you use it: Name a few sports/activities. For instance reading books in centre’s library, swimming, dancing, tennis, etcetera.
- Humans are social animals. We need community, team work, society to survive. Mention benefits on physical and mental health.
- Possible effects: Physical effects, isolation, lack of community development.
In conclusion express alternatives to closing down the centre. Perhaps the local council can raise funds by increasing membership fees. Use your imagination.
To know more about ELTEC or IELTS, please visit our Facebook page.
You can get customised support from our trained staff. Please visit our plans page.
Categories: Writing task 1