Nowadays managers and team leaders in different organizations are much younger compared to the past. What are the reasons for it? Is it a positive or negative development?
250 words minimum
This is clearly a tough IELTS question and those who usually abstain from idea generation (I prefer to call it BRAINSTORMING), this is a tough nut to crack. So, before we proceed to introduction, let me identify key words and brainstorm with you.
Key Word 1 (or Topic 1): Managers and Team leaders.
Key Word 2 (or Topic 2): Younger than in past.
Okay. Now ask the following questions to create ideas.
- Why do managers and team leaders exist? That is, their role – coordinate different areas of business – operations, marketing, finance, advertising and administration. Carry everyone in the same boat.
- Why are they getting younger? Perhaps the nature of business is changing or new types of businesses are emerging which require young, dynamic leaders.
- Examples: Facebook, Amazon, Linkedin, Yahoo, Google, Flipkart (India), Alibaba, etc.
- Positive: Young minds expert in new industry; better pulse of young generation of the world.
- Negative: Lack of experience in running business.
Now that you’re done with brainstorming, its time to write introduction. If you’re following my blog for some time, you’ve a better idea of how to write an introduction. Let me help you write one more time. Take hints and write your own stuff.
“Manager and leaders play an instrumental role in smooth operations of a business. They not only coordinate various departments (or silos) of a company but also act as visionaries who guide the business towards growth and prosperity. 21st century has witnessed decreasing average age of managers and team leaders. This is certainly a good development and several reasons can be attributed to it.”
Plain and Simple.
Body paragraphs should contain reasons explaining this phenomenon. We’ve discussed the reasons in brainstorming session. Just put that in a nice language.
Body Paragraph 1: Reason 1, Example 1.
Body Paragraph 2: Reason 2, Example 2.
Body Paragraph 3: Negative and Positive development.
Once you’re done with body, all we’re left with is conclusion. As I’ve explained earlier, conclusion contains two elements – future and impact. In this case you should ask “Will this phenomenon continue in coming future? If yes, what will be its impact?“.
To get assistance from one of our trained team members browse our study plans.
To know more about us, please visit our Facebook Page.