Describe an occasion when you have seen a lot of people happy and smiling. Please say
– When and where was it?
– Who was there with you?
– How did you feel about it?
1 minute to plan and 2 minutes to deliver.
Without wasting much time, let me give you an answer. Note the TENSE and underlined words. These are ideas you need to convey clearly. Also please not the cohesion and collocation in the brackets.
“Well, I’m an extrovert person (collocation) and I love going to parties. However (cohesion), last month I went to a unique type of party. The Laughing Club of Chandigarh, of which I’m a member, organized it (referencing). The (cohesion – referencing) club was founded on the premise that laughter therapy is the ultimate solution (collocation) to all human problems. Consequently (cohesion),the club’s parties focus on making people smile and laugh by using jokes, organizing kids functions, etc. This (referencing) party launched a book of political satire that made people laugh followed by a kid’s fancy dress competition. Senior politicians from various political parties (collocation) participated in the book’s launch and some even cracked hilarious jokes (collocation) on the opposition parties. The theme of the function was HOSPITAL and all kids were dressed as doctors, patients, nurses and ward boys in funny ways. This made everyone smile and laugh.”
- Why do you think people need to smile and laugh? Well, these activities play a vital role in releasing stress and increasing a person’s work efficiency. If a person spends some time laughing and morning every day, his productivity and physical health improve tremendously.
- Do you think adults should smile more than they usually do? Why? Certainly, adults should smile more. Thesedays, our life has a lot of stress which is both personal and professional. Spending some time laughing with others reduces the tension and a person feels relieved.
- Do boys laugh more than girls? I don’t think there is a gender difference. Both find different things funny and I think they laugh equally.
- When should we not show our emotions? Why? There are certain occassions when an individual should desist from showing emotions. For instance, while if we know that someone is not going through a smooth phase of life, we should neither be happy not sad in front of that person.
Follow our Facebook Page here.