Note: This is a mock interview lasting for about five minutes. The questions are in bold while the answers are in italics. Please note that I’ve not repeated the question statement in any answer. The tense is well maintained. In speaking, unlike in writing, you can make short sentences such as “Certainly.” Can’t do that in writing module.
- What is your full name? I’m Sartaj. Pleased to meet you.
- Can I see your ID? Sure. Here it is.
- Where are you from? I belong to Chandigarh, the City Beautiful.
- Do you work or study? I’m currently working as a civil engineer in Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest construction firm.
- Let’s talk about friends. Is it better to have one best friend of many friends? Well, I prefer a few friends who are close, over many who are just acquaintances.
- Why do you think so? As humans, it is not possible for us to make many friends because a friend, by nature, is someone whom we know intimately and are regularly in touch. I don’t think it is possible for us to know a large number of people closely.
- Do you spend time with your friends? I certainly do as much as I can. I usually play sports and watch movies with my friends.
- Are friends important in your life? Certainly. I not only share my doubts and problems with my friends but also seek their advice in important matters.
- Let’s talk about family. How do you spend time with your family? Since I’m working, I usually stay far away from by parents by compulsion. However, every month I spend at least one weekend with my parents and siblings.
- How has your family influenced you? My parents are honest, hardworking middle-class citizens and they’ve instilled these values in me. I work with integrity and never make compromises.
- Let’s talk about television. Do you watch a lot of T.V? I’m not much of a fan. However, I watch the news on television.
- What programs do you like to watch? I watch news channels in general and prefer the 9 pm news on NDTV in particular.
If you have any doubt, feel free to contact me via the comments section below. Good Luck!
Follow our blog or like us on Facebook to keep updated with our latest blog posts.