Describe a problem that affects the environment in the area where you live. Please say:
- What the problem is?
- What causes it?
- What people feel about the problem?
Well, all environments have some problem. So, this should be a cake walk, I guess. Let’s get started.
I live in one of the most beautiful cities of India – Chandigarh. It is a perfect balance of human construction and nature. However, during the past one decade, the city is facing the issue of falling water table. (Define Problem)
This can be attributed to rampant and haphazard construction on the periphery of the city. This has blocked the water channels that feed rain water from mountains into the city’s reservoirs. At the same time, the city administration has little control over such activity since it lies outside the city’s jurisdiction. (Causes of the problem)
Solving this issue has become a Herculian task. Various citizen organisations have knocked on the High Court’s doors. Though the court has frozen has new construction activity, the existing construction is enough to exacerbate the problem. City residents have stopped exploitation of ground water and are united in protecting the city’s water for progeny. (Solution)
- What steps can the government take to protect the environment?
- What has been done so far to solve this problem?
- Why have these measures failed to contain the problem?
- Do you think the problem will subside in the future? Why or Why not?
- What steps can you take as a citizen to solve the issue?
Follow this blog to stay updated with latest IELTS/ PTE/ GMAT/ GRE articles. Alternately, you can like our Facebook Page.