Describe Image: Look at the following image for 25 seconds and give your response in 40 seconds.
Strategy: Since you have only 40 seconds, you can speak about 4 to 5 sentences. Prepare an answer of about 80 words while focusing on the core areas of the image. Here are the four most important points.
- Introduction: “The given bar chart presents information on percentage changes in average house prices of five metropolitan cities from 1990 to 2002 with 1989 as the base year.”
- Trend 1: Among all these cities London witnessed widest fluctuations in house prices while Frankfurt was the most stable. It grew by a phenomenal 12 percent in the second period.
- Trend 2: Madrid and Frankfurt were the only cities that experienced expansion in prices during both periods.
- Trend 4: Tokyo was the only city that experienced contraction during both periods.
- Trend 5: Change in prices moved from contraction to expansion in case of New York and London.
An introduction and 4 to 5 trends will do the magic in PTE speaking section. Good Luck.
Follow this blog to score better in IELTS and PTE exam, and like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated with latest posts.