Talk about an interesting book that you would like to read again. You should say
– What book is it?
– When did you read it?
– Why would you like to read it again?
Describe a book you read recently. Please say
– What book?
– What was it about?
– Did you like the book or not, and why?
Talk about a book that you have read recently and found it interesting. Please say
– What was the book about?
– Why did you like the book?
– Why did you choose to read it?
Note COLLOCATIONS in the video below.
“I’m not a regular book reader. Since I’m a doctor working on 12-hour schedules, I have little time for this hobby (Introduction. Assuming most of you don’t read books and you’ll not lie in the exam).
However, during college days I read “Being Mortal” an interesting book by Dr. Atul Gawande. It is a book on death and learning how to have a more functional and productive life. (What and When)
Since I’m working with patients who are in critical condition and, unfortunately, some even lose their lives, it becomes important for me to keep the reality of death in my mind and make sure all my patients get the right cure so that they can spend a more functional life. Dr. Gawande has conveyed this exact idea in his book. (Why read again)“
- Why is reading important for our lifestyle? Reading helps an individual in several ways. It helps a person improve linguistic skills. It also enables a person to develop the ability of stronger focus. Moreover, scientists have proved that it helps in prevention of various brain-related disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Would you recommend this book to others? Certainly. It is a book on living a productive life and everyone, irrespective of age, should read it.
- Do you think movies based on books are better than books? I think reading books is better than watching movies based on the same books since watching movies is a passive activity while reading books forces a person to think and imagine.
- Do you think people read less nowadays? Why? Certainly, people are less inclined towards books these days. There are a number of things that compete with books for our attention. These include television and the internet. People are watching youtube and television more than reading books.
- What can be done to influence them to read more? Since we live in a free world where everyone has a right to make decisions, I think we can only motivate them to read books by informing them of the benefits of reading. After that, it is the choice of each individual.
- Should professionals read only the books related to their profession? Why? I think a person is a citizen first and a professional later. Consequently, along with reading technical textbooks, a professional must read general non-fiction books that make him aware of his surroundings and help him become a responsible citizen. For instance, A.P.J Abdul Kalam (or George Washington – the U.S General and first President) was a scientist as well as a well-read President of India. He used to read books on literature, economics, politics as well as science.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing polished and effective Statement of Purpose.