Image Courtesy: Pexels
Talk about an interesting house or apartment you have visited. Please say
– Where is it?
– What does it look like? What is interesting about it?
– When and why did you visit it?
A similar question is:
Describe your perfect home (a house or an apartment) that you would like to have in the future. Please say:
– When you would like to have it
– Where it would be located
– What it would look like
Housing seems to be a preferred topic in IELTS. Here are similar questions:
G.T. Writing Task 1: Recently moved to a different house.
G.T. Writing Task 1: Home renovation.
Last week I visited a friend, who works as an architect, in New Delhi. I was deeply impressed with his house. (Introductory statement, when and where.)
It is a small house built over an area of about 2000 square feet only. However, the design and idea are really impressive. The house is environmentally sustainable with rain-water harvesting systems to use rain water and use of materials to reflect back sun’s heat to reduce the need for air-conditioning. Moreover, he has installed solar power systems to cut reliance on external, fossil-fuel based electricity. Overall, the ecological footprint of the house is really low. (Look like and Why interesting)
I’m working on a sustainable development project. He had told me about his initiatives and love for sustainability. Consequently, I visited his house to collect data for my project. (Why you visited.)
– What are the common types of houses in your city?
– Why do you think they are so popular?
– What other types of accommodation are there?
– Why do people prefer that?
– Are there any authentic houses in your city?
– Do people prefer living in the city area or countryside nowadays?
– Why is it so?
– What is the best part of living in the countryside?
– Do you think people are wasting too much energy?
– What can be a solution to preserve energy sources?
Ask any doubts in the comments box below.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!
Follow this blog and like our Facebook page to learn exciting new essays. Please share your answer to this topic in the comments box below and I’ll check it for free.