Image Courtesy: Pixnio
Talk about sports that you like to watch on TV. Please say
– What sports do you like to watch?
– Why do you like to watch these particular sports?
– Who do you usually watch the sports with?
Describe a sport that you watch and would like to practice it. Please say
– what sport this is
– why do you like it
– when and how you would start doing it.
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
I love outdoor sports and have been playing cricket since childhood. I am addicted to watching this game, particularly the T-20 matches, on television and the internet. (Name the sport)
During school, I was the captain of my school’s cricket team and we won various state-level competitions. I used to practice this game for two hours every day. I even dreamed of becoming a professional cricket player. However, destiny had something else in store for me. Later, I became a part-time cricket commentator and have been engaged in this business for the last ten years. Moreover, I love the team spirit in this game. No single player can win a match for his team. It requires coordination between team members. (Why do you like it?)
I watch it with my friends and family members during international test matches and T-20 matches. We all sit together during a match and enjoy popcorn, soft drinks, and coffee. (With whom you watch?)
I am planning to start playing this game again in the near future. Recently, my company motivated its employees to form a team and start practice matches. A few Information Technology companies in our business district are planning to hold matches. The winning team will get a reward of rupees 100,000 for each player. I am truly excited about it. (When and how you plan to start playing?)
– Do you think there is a difference between watching sports live or on TV? Of course, live matches are more exciting than television – crowd’s excitement seeps into your mind. More clarity on television.
– What is the main difference, in your opinion? This question is asked if you’ve failed to answer the previous question correctly.
– Do you think the commercialization of sports is necessary? Important since: Greater reach among people, better remuneration to players, more jobs.
– What are its pros and cons?
– How can schools promote sports among children? Compulsory sports period, Frequent inter-school competitions, better sports instructors.
– Some people think sports are a waste of time. What is your opinion about this section of society? Healthy body = Sound mind, break monotony, Increase focus.
– Do you think it is justified that athletes are paid very high salaries? Good remuneration increases motivation to perform, Very high salaries = sometimes loss of focus on sports and more concentration on luxuries.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!