Image Courtesy: Pixnio
Talk about sports that you like to watch on TV. Please say
– What sports do you like to watch?
– Why do you like to watch these particular sports?
– Who do you usually watch the sports with?
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
Answering this cue card is not a difficult task if you have planned properly. I suggest writing six to eight points and explaining them thoroughly. Take one minute to plan.
You are supposed to answer the three questions. However, the exam demands you to stick to the main statement. Do not deviate. Moreover, you can mention more than what is asked in the three questions. Here are my points to answer this question.
- Cricket – international matches, Indian Premier League, Australia cup, NEVER MISS.
- Why? Team Sport.
- Why? Culture in India.
- Why? My dad was a cricketer (Yes, you can lie.)
- Why? Hobbie.
- With whom? Friends and Family.
Your answer should be clearly communicated using connecting words such as firstly, secondly, finally, moreover. Do not deviate from the question statement. USe correct grammar. Remember, the principles of writing are applicable to speaking as well.
Please answer this question and feel free to share with me.
– Do you think there is a difference between watching sports live or on TV? Of course, live matches are more exciting than television – crowd’s excitement seeps into your mind. More clarity on television.
– What is the main difference, in your opinion? This question is asked if you’ve failed to answer the previous question correctly.
– Do you think commercialization of sports is necessary? Important since: Greater reach among people, better remuneration to players, more jobs.
– What are its pros and cons?
– How can schools promote sports among children? Compulsory sports period, Frequent inter-school competitions, better sports instructors.
– Some people think sports are a waste of time. What is your opinion about this section of society? Healthy body = Sound mind, break monotony, Increase focus.
– Do you think it is justified that athletes are paid very high salaries? Good remuneration increases motivation to perform, Very high salaries = sometimes loss of focus on sports and more concentration on luxuries.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!