Image Courtesy: Pixnio
Talk about sports that you like to watch on TV. Please say
– What sports do you like to watch?
– Why do you like to watch these particular sports?
– Who do you usually watch the sports with?
Describe a sport that you watch and would like to practice it. Please say
– what sport this is
– why do you like it
– when and how you would start doing it.
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
I love outdoor sports and have been playing cricket since childhood. I am addicted to watching this game, particularly the T-20 matches, on television and the internet. (Name the sport)
During school, I was the captain of my school’s cricket team and we won various state-level competitions. I used to practice this game for two hours every day. I even dreamed of becoming a professional cricket player. However, destiny had something else in store for me. Later, I became a part-time cricket commentator and have been engaged in this business for the last ten years. Moreover, I love the team spirit in this game. No single player can win a match for his team. It requires coordination between team members. (Why do you like it?)
I watch it with my friends and family members during international test matches and T-20 matches. We all sit together during a match and enjoy popcorn, soft drinks, and coffee. (With whom you watch?)
I am planning to start playing this game again in the near future. Recently, my company motivated its employees to form a team and start practice matches. A few Information Technology companies in our business district are planning to hold matches. The winning team will get a reward of rupees 100,000 for each player. I am truly excited about it. (When and how you plan to start playing?)
– Do you think there is a difference between watching sports live or on TV? Of course, live matches are more exciting than television – crowd’s excitement seeps into your mind. More clarity on television.
– What is the main difference, in your opinion? This question is asked if you’ve failed to answer the previous question correctly.
– Do you think the commercialization of sports is necessary? Important since: Greater reach among people, better remuneration to players, more jobs.
– What are its pros and cons?
– How can schools promote sports among children? Compulsory sports period, Frequent inter-school competitions, better sports instructors.
– Some people think sports are a waste of time. What is your opinion about this section of society? Healthy body = Sound mind, break monotony, Increase focus.
– Do you think it is justified that athletes are paid very high salaries? Good remuneration increases motivation to perform, Very high salaries = sometimes loss of focus on sports and more concentration on luxuries.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!
Follow this blog and like our Facebook page to learn exciting new essays. Please share your answer to this topic in the comments box below and I’ll check it for free. You can contact me HERE.
Categories: Blog, speaking task
Leave a Reply