Image Courtesy: Flickr Guilhem Vellut
Talk about a place that is unknown to most tourists in your country. Please say
– What is this place?
– Why is it unknown?
– What can people see there?
Talk about a place in your country that is popular with locals but unknown to tourists. Please say
– What place is it?
– Where is it located?
– Why is it unique, and
– Why don’t tourists visit it?
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
The question is plain and simple, yet difficult to answer. You are supposed to mention a place that is unknown to most of the tourists. Are you aware of such a place?
Well, since IELTS does not judge you on the factual correctness of your answers, you can afford to lie in the exam. However, you must justify your lie. This will make answering this question easier. Let me give you an example from India.
India is a diverse country both culturally and geographically. Consequently, it is extremely difficult to visit all tourist attractions and many interesting and exciting places remain unknown to the people. One such place is the Salt Lake in the Himalayas. (Introduction and name of the place. Note: No such place exists in the Himalayas. It is a figment of my imagination.)
The lake is surrounded by high peaks of the young Himalayas and the surrounding area is uninhabited. As a result, it is extremely difficult to reach its shores. Moreover, the surrounding area is heavily forested and there is no motorable road. The only way to reach there is by tracking for 2 days from the nearest town. The dangers posed by the wild animals make this journey even more difficult. (Why is it unknown.)
The lake is a wonder on earth. Usually, all Himalayan lakes are freshwater lakes. This is an exception. Due to its high level of salt, no animal comes here for drinking and it is a perfect place for camping. During summers selected tourists visit from various parts of the world to camp here. Moreover, one can see dense forests around the lake along with lofty Himalayan peaks. (What can people see.)
– Have you been to that place? Of course, I have been there twice.
– Who did you go there with? I went with my college friends once during the summer of 2011 and again during 2015. It was a great experience.
– Why did you go there? The place is serene and pristine. The forests are virgin. Since I am a wildlife enthusiast who loves photography, I visit this place for some good shots.
– Did you like it? (This question is asked if you could not explain the previous one correctly.)
– What is so special about this place? (This is asked if one of your previous response was inadequate.)
Contact us here and follow this website (there’s a button on your screen’s right side) and like our Facebook Page to learn IELTS and PTE writing and speaking modules.
Categories: Blog, speaking task
1 reply »