Image Courtesy: Pexels
Describe furniture in your home. Please say
– what kind of furniture this is
– how you got this furniture
– how you feel about this furniture
Talk about your favourite furniture at home. Please say
– What is it?
– Describe its design.
– How do you use it?
– Is it important to you, and why?
I’m not going to present an answer to this question, but guide you to write/ speak its answer. The key issue in presenting a strong IELTS answer is answering the question clearly using a range of words, correct collocations (adjectives and adverbs), and using correct grammar.
Here’s how you should proceed.
Note down the keywords: Furniture, Home
Now, brainstorm the topic and make notes in one minute. However, you should make sure that IELTS grades you for lexical resources as well as collocations. Try writing different words and adjectives/ adverbs in your rough work. Let me present an example.
- Dining table – beautiful, antique.
- Wood – solid and durable.
- Italian – marvellous finish.
- Love it – really, a lot.
- Entire family uses – regularly.
The words – beautiful, antique, solid and durable, marvellous, really, regularly – are qualifiers. These words help you score well in the exam.
The next step is to connect these ideas using connecting words and referencing words. This will create cohesion in your response. Prefer using the pronoun “IT“ instead of mentioning the words “Dining Table“ again and again. Use words like Moreover to highlight two different qualities.
Time for you to create and answer using these principles. Please feel free to type your brainstorming points or complete answer in the comments box below.
- What type of furniture is used for offices?
- How is it different from home furniture?
- How do you usually decide what furniture to buy?
- When do people feel they should buy new furniture?
- What factors are involved in buying furniture?
Ask any doubts in the comments box below.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!