Image Courtesy: Pixabay
Describe a situation when you arrived early for a meeting or an appointment. Please say
– When and where did it happen?
– Why did you arrive early?
– What did you do while waiting?
Please note the underlined words. These represent collocation or cohesion in the answer.
Since I’m a businessman, I have to travel frequently for meetings throughout the United States. Last month, I had a meeting with the President of the United States, Mr. Donald Trump, at the White House in Washington D.C. (Introduction, When and Where)
Meeting with the most powerful man on Earth is not a regular affair. Moreover, the meeting was about “Making America Great Again” by promoting manufacturing in the country. I’m a patriot and a responsible citizen of the United States. It was my duty to arrive in time and leave nothing to the fate that may cause unanticipated delays. (Why arrived early?)
The meeting with the President included more than 10 renowned business personalities from my state. I utilized the time discussing various national and international business issues with them. Furthermore, the White House staff provided a briefing of things to be discussed with the President. I used the time to go through that document and drink delicious Starbucks tea that the staff served us. (What did you do?)
– Why do you think people are late sometimes? Well, this can be due to several reasons. Most of times it is due to lack of seriousness of individuals. However, it can also be due to unanticipated factors such as traffic jams.
– Do you think being late for work and being late for a meeting with a friend is the same? Since I have a deep respect for time and prefer investing each moment constructively, I believe an individual should never be late either for work or for meeting with a friend.
– Do you think sitting idle and doing nothing while you wait is a waste of time? Of course it is. I believe in using whatever little time we have for productive activities.
Ask any doubts in the comments box below.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!