Image Courtesy: Maxpixel
Talk about a leisure time activity that you would like to do at the seaside. Please say
– What is it?
– Why do you want to do it?
– Who would you do it with?
Describe an activity you would do when you are alone and have some free time. Please say
– What is the activity?
– How often do you do it?
– Why would you like to do this activity?
Note: The underlined words promote collocation and cohesion/ connection/ linkage/ reference in the answer.
I’m an introvert person and I love reading books. For me, there is no better place to read books than a seaside home free of all disturbance. (Introduction and What is the activity)
Though I regularly read books at my home’s study and a small garden in front of the house, reading by the seaside will be a new and exciting experience. I would love to feel the morning sea breeze and beautiful sound of the sea while reading a novel by famous authors such as Salman Rushdie, Orhan Pamuk, and PG Wodehouse. Also, there is nothing better than investing one’s time than reading a good book. Instead of surfing the internet and facebook or watching television, I would prefer to do something constructive. Reading books is an excellent way not only to improve communication skills but also to gain knowledge about the world around us. (Why you want to do it?) (How often do you do it?)
Since reading books is a solitary activity that requires concentration, I would love to read books alone. However, I would love to have a companion to discuss the story. At home, I usually discuss books with my brother and I would love to have his company by the seaside. (Who would you do it with?)
– Why do some people like to spend leisure time at the seaside? I guess it is an exotic experience for most people since they live most of their life inland. Moreover, the sea’s sound is mesmerising and its water touching feet is rejuvenating.
– What are the benefits of seaside activities? Doing physical activities by the seaside uplifts spirits and keeps a person physically healthy. Reading books on a seashore is another wonderful experience.
– Who enjoys seaside activities more, children or adults? Why? Well, I guess both enjoy the sea in their own ways. While children prefer to make sand houses and play small games, adults prefer sea surfing and swimming.
– How does the global warming affect marine life? Global warming has severely hampered the sea life and has led to extinction of several species of fish. Even the blue whale is under the threat of extinction.
– What are the causes for it? Global warming has led to melting of glaciers which have increased the temperature in some areas while decreasing the temperature in others. Since marine life has evolved in a certain temperature over millions of years, it is unable to adjust body temperature according to the changing environment leading to extinction of several species.
– How can the global warming be controlled? Controlling global temperature changes requires reducing carbon emissions from man-made objects such as vehicles and factories. Moreover, a major portion of greenhouse gases are emitted from non-vegetarian food. Its intake must be curtailed to save the planet.
– What do you think about research and exploration of deep-sea levels? Humans need to explore and conduct research of deep sea in order to understand the life forms existing there. 70 percent of the Earth is under water and we have little idea about this area.
Ask any doubts in the comments box below.
Are you’re looking for help in writing a powerful Statement of Purpose? Contact us NOW!