Talk about a rule in your school that you agreed or disagreed with. Please say
– what the rule was
– what the reason for this rule was
– what would be done if you didn’t follow the rule
I really enjoyed (collocation) my school days and there were a number of rules that I respected and diligently followed (collocation). One such rule was of arriving in time. The school started at 8 am in the morning and no student was allowed admission in the school after this time.
The reasons behind this rule were simple yet powerful. Firstly (cohesion), it was meant to infuse discipline (collocation) among all students. Personally, I believe, this rule gradually made (collocation) me more disciplined and the habits it (cohesion) created still help me as a working professional today. Moreover (cohesion), it instilled the habit of respecting the time. Even today I feel compelled to arrive at time and get things done before schedule. I guess the school authorities imposed this (cohesion) with the purpose of creating a strong character of the students.
If any student was not able to arrive in time, he was neither (cohesion – neither …, nor ….) allowed to attend classes nor allowed to go back home. He had to write a detailed letter explaining the reasons behind violation of the rule and had to call his parents from the principal’s office. The (cohesion) writing idea was excellent since (cohesion) it made a child introspect the reasons deeply and, of course, the parents had to be informed of the violation so that (cohesion) it could be prevented in the future.
- Are all rules in a school beneficial for the students?
- Why or Why not?
- Should children be included in decision making at school?
- Why/Why not?
- How has the school atmosphere changed during the last few years?
- What is the role of parents in enforcing the rules of a school?
- Apart from rules, what other things are necessary in a school to shape positive habits in a child?
- Do you think rules are sufficient to eliminate social evils?
Please follow this website and like our Facebook Page to learn more about IELTS and PTE writing.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.