Describe an interesting person from another country that you know well. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– Where and when did you meet him/her?
– Can you describe his/her character?
Since I’m a globetrotter, I’ve met people from various parts (collocation) of the world. I have friends in China, Japan, United States and Canada. Last year, during a business visit (collocation) to Canada I met Mark, a truly remarkable person (collocation). We both were traveling from Vancouver to Toronto in an Air Canada flight.
After a brief introduction (collocation), I discovered that, like me, Mark was deeply interested (collocation) in airplanes. Soon we began discussing the latest Boeing planes, the engine capacity, the passenger load capacity and the speed (note: parallelism). It was an interesting conversation (collocation). We also discussed the legendary Concorde aircraft and the reasons behind its unfortunate demise (collocation).
Moreover, Mark was also an avid book reader (collocation) like me. He had read books on economics, politics, and science. We discussed Prof. Stephen Hawkings’ book “A brief history of time” and Steve Jobs’ biography. I soon discovered that he had not only read these books but also analyzed them deeply.
Mark was indeed an energetic person (collocation) who preferred devoting his energy to constructive activities such as reading books and magazines than surfing the internet. It was an interesting experience (collocation) and I’ve stayed in touch with him ever since.
- How often do you meet him? Well, since we live in different countries, we meet each other occasionally. The last time I met him was in 2017. However, we regularly communicate with each other over the phone or via email.
- Do you like meeting new people? Well, I love meeting strangers. I prefer striking a conversation with a stranger sitting next to me during a journey than staying silent.
- Why do some people prefer not to interact with strangers? I guess this depends on a person’s nature. Some people are introverts and they prefer engaging in their own affairs than talking to others.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing a polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.