Occupational English Test
Writing Sub-Test: Medicine
Reading Time: 5 minutes; Writing Time: 40 minutes
Read the case notes and complete the writing task which follows:
Patient: Ms. Parker
- Age 52 years
- Married – 2 children.
- Cashier at Walmart.
- Parents with hypertension and diabetes.
- No smoking, no alcohol
- No investigation in last 10 years
- Moderate Anorexia – intermittent weight loss, nausea. BMI 22.0
- No regular medication
- Menopause 3 years
- Balanced diet
- Mild Anhedonia
- General weakness, headache, and dizziness – last 3 months.
- Blood Pressure 124/74 mm Hg
- BP recheck (sitting-standing) 92/60 mm Hg, no dizziness
- Pulse 66
- No Goitre
- Normal skin
- Ear, Nose, Throat – normal
- Possible postural hypotension
- Refer to an endocrinologist for advice.
Using the information in the case notes, write a letter of referral for advice to the endocrinologist, Dr. Wasim Khan, Boston Hospital, Massachusetts.