Describe a friend of yours who likes to talk a lot. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– What does he/she usually talk about?
– Do you like or dislike it? Why?
I strongly suggest that you should build this answer around your profession. I’m assuming that I’m a doctor.
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
I’m a doctor in a nearby hospital (collocation) and have a lot of friends from the same profession. My friend Dr. Sam is the most talkative (collocation) among all friends.
He loves to discuss the daily cases with me. These (cohesion) cases range from (cohesion) normal infections such as common cold to emergency cases such as a heart attack. Moreover (cohesion), he also shares patient specific details such as age, gender, weight, and height which (cohesion) are important to make an informed decision (collocation) regarding the course of medication. Also, (cohesion) he is extremely particular (collocation) about various symptoms (collocation) that a patient exhibits. These (cohesion) are often useful in deciding about the root cause of a disease.
I really love (collocation) listening to his views since (cohesion) they (cohesion) intensively cover (collocation) a large number of cases. Since (cohesion) it is impossible for me to personally experience (collocation) each case, it is extremely important (collocation) that I should learn from experiences of other doctors as well. In return, I also discuss my cases with him and then there is a long discussion (collocation) on the diagnosis of a disease and a possible course of action (collocation).
- Let’s talk about communication in society. Do you think communication is important? I believe communication is central to the existence of mankind.
- Why do you think so? Without effective and clear communication, we can not work together and solve problems. Rather, lack of communication has led to several problems ranging from international issues such as the world wars to personal problems in a family.
- In what situations is it helpful to be communicative? I think clear communication is necessary in business, professional or personal situations.
- Should parents teach their children to communicate properly? I think this is the primary responsibility of parents. They should teach effective communication to their children from a young age.
- How can we improve our communication skills? I guess the only way to improve communication skills is by communicating more. We should engage in written as well as spoken communication regularly.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing a polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.