Describe a comic character whom you like. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– How do you know him/her?
– Why do you like him/her?
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
I’ve always been an avid reader of comics and my favorite character is the Iron Man. This character is basically a businessman with a deep interest in science and humanity. I first heard of this character from the movie Iron Man which was a blockbuster production of Marvel Studios. Since then I’ve been reading his comics.
Iron Man is very different from other comic characters. Unlike Spiderman, He-man, Captain America, Logan, and Superman, he has no superpowers. He is a human who has built a metallic suit to fight injustice. Consequently, he represents human innovation and perseverance to fight powerful and formidable enemies. He lives a normal life and dons the suit only when the situation demands. Moreover, I love the style in which this character carries himself. He is a mixture of power and humor. He takes all situations lightly and adds an element of laughter even in dire circumstances. He fights while maintaining fun.
- Why do you think some people are popular? Well, I think to become popular a person needs a lot of things. However, the most important is perseverance. Those who diligently carry out their tasks over a long period of time become popular.
- Do you think only media can influence the popularity of a person? Of course, it does. Media can easily make a person popular by simply running a news item.
- Some younger people try to copy celebrities. Why do they do that? I think it is a human tendency to copy successful people. Since youngsters think that celebrities are successful, they try to copy the stars.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of being popular? The greatest benefit of being popular is that everyone loves you and you get a lot of attention. The greatest drawback is that you do not enjoy seclusion. There are always people around you and this hampers privacy.
- Do you think actors are under pressure to look good in front of media? Indeed they are under pressure to present a positive image since this impacts their business. People love to watch movies of only those actors who are known to be good human beings.
Follow this blog and like our Facebook page to learn exciting new essays and cue cards. You can contact me HERE.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing a polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.
Categories: Blog, speaking task
1 reply »