Talk about public transport that you use on a regular basis. Please say
– What kind of public transport is it?
– Where and when do you use it?
– How do you feel about it?
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
Since (cohesion) I’m studying at the University of Ottawa’s downtown campus and live five kilometers away from it, I regularly use (collocation) OC Transpo’s bus to travel on a daily basis (collocation). I board the bus at 9 am every weekday from my home and 8 pm from the campus. (What kind of transport? Where and When?)
I really love traveling the bus due to several reasons (collocation). Firstly, (cohesion) I feel extremely happy (collocation) to meet new people every day. Canadian buses are as diverse as (cohesion) the country. I meet people of different nationalities, cultures, and age groups. This (cohesion) gives me an immense exposure (collocation) to the Canadian lifestyle. Secondly, (cohesion) it is the cheapest mode (collocation) of transport in an otherwise expensive city. The bus fare costs me just CAD 150 per month. A car, on the other hand, (cohesion) costs more than CAD 1000. This (cohesion) helps me save a lot of money and makes me feel financially comfortable (collocation). Finally, (cohesion) it makes me feel that I have contributed to environmental conservation (collocation). It is the least polluting (collocation) mode of transport. OC Transpo is an environmentally conscious organization (collocation) and it plants about 100,000 trees every year to balance the emissions from vehicles. (How you feel? Note that the feelings are underlined in BROWN color.)
– Do people mostly use cars, even for a short journey? Well, yes. They use cars even for a relatively short distance.
– Why do people prefer using private cars? I think this is merely a habit. They feel comfortable in a car and they cannot abandon this habit.
– How do owners feel about having a private car? The feeling varies from one person to another. While some feel proud of owning a car, others merely consider it as a means of transport.
– How can the government discourage the use of private cars? I think the only way is to impose heavy taxes on these vehicles. The government should make them expensive so that bus is the only option for a family.
– Do you think public transportation will become more popular in your country? Well, as long as private vehicles are financially cheap, public transport will never become popular in my country.
– How can public transportation be more environmentally friendly? I believe this can be done in two ways. Firstly, public transport vehicles’ engines should be made more fuel efficient. Secondly, these should be based on renewable energy instead of diesel engines.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing a polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.