The graph below shows the average carbon dioxide emissions per person in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy, and Portugal between 1967 and 2007.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
20 minutes, 150 words at least.
Please watch the following video on my Youtube Channel to understand how to analyze this question.
The given line graph illustrates per person emissions of carbon dioxide
per person in metric tonnes in four countries from 1967 to 2007. It presents information about the United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy and Portugal the details for 5 decades. (redundant sentence since you’ve already mentioned the time period in the former sentence. You can mention the four countries in that sentence.) – Let me make things a bit simpler for you. This will help you structure the introductory sentence better. Note the following rules:
1. Note the number of objects in the question – emissions per person, metric tonnes, four countries, time.
2. Always place the object to time (1967 to 2007) at the end of the sentence.
3. Note the primary object – emissions per person. It must be placed before all objects.
As per the data Portugal
was lowest in producing had the least emissions of these gases for the given period except 2007 (read the data carefully) mentioned above. In 1967 it emitted co2 in 1967 was 1 metric tonnes per person, which saw a gradual increased to 3.5 metric tonnes approximately till in 1987 emitting co2 4 metric tonnes per person. I see marginal rise till 1997 (You’re misreading – I see a sharp rise from 1987 to 1997.) after it stabilized. For 2007, Sweden and Portugal were producing (…. Portugal produced an …..) an equal amount of co2 emissions.
Do not use the chemical symbol for carbon dioxide. Write it completely OR avoid it. You can choose to use emissions only.
Italy was four times higher then Portugal (Do not compare countries. Compare emissions. The emissions in Italy were four times higher than those in Portugal in 1967.) in 1967, there was substantial development till 1977. After this period there was marginal increase till 2007. (1) In 1987 Sweden and Italy emitted an equal amount of carbon dioxide per person CO2 equally. England was highest in co2 emissions throughout these 5 decades (2). Whereas, Sweden just touched England emissions (3) in the year 1977 rising up to 10.1metric tonnes, while (Can’t use WHEREAS and WHILE in the same sentence.) England was emitting co2 10.2 metric tonnes. The only countries which saw a fall in co2 emissions were England and Sweden.
1. Please note the idea structures before writing. You can write one sentence on comparing emission of Portugal and Italy. Do not mix it with the idea of increase or decrease for Italy only. Keep COMPARISONS different from TRENDS. That’s what I have termed as INTER group and INTRA group in the video. There was a substantial increase in Italy’s emissions in 1977 and then this increased gradually (marginally) till 1997.
2. I can’t see England in the question. The United Kingdom was the highest emitter. You’ve missed that word. Throughout the given duration, the United Kingdom was the highest emitter of carbon dioxide among all countries.
3. A country can’t touch emissions of another country. Emissions of one country can touch another’s. The emissions of Sweden rose drastically during the first decade and reached close to those of the United Kingdom.
Follow this blog and like our Facebook page to learn exciting new essays and cue cards. You can contact me HERE.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing a polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.
Categories: Answer Checking, Blog
Leave a Reply