Describe a shopping street that you like. Please say
- What and where is it?
- When did you visit it?
- Who did you go there with?
- Why did you like it?
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
I love purchasing various items for my family and friends. I’ve purchased goods from numerous countries. My favorite place for buying quality products at a reasonable price is the night market in Hong Kong.
Build a story around each point. A short story, as explained in the article above.
Last month I visited China with my friends and our first stop was the city of Hong Kong. I loved every part of this city. At night we went to the night market which is held every night in the middle of the city.
I really loved this place because of the variety of goods and their price. There were hundreds of goods at the display and most of them were being sold at half the price of the same goods in India. I purchased different types of clothes for all family members and bought wallets for my mom and dad. Not only was the price reasonable, the quality was also excellent. The clothes were of linen of fine quality and the wallets were made of genuine leather.
– Why do you think people visit this street? I think people visit this place to buy genuine products at the right price.
– How was your experience there? My experience was very pleasing and satisfying. Not only were the shopkeepers friendly but also the prices were very low.
– Many people spend their time in shopping malls. Why do you think they do it? I guess people love spending time at a place where they can find a variety of goods in one place. Shopping malls are the perfect place for this experience.
– Do older people like going to local shops? Why? Yes, older people prefer local shops over malls. I believe they have old friendships with local shopkeepers and they avoid traveling to far places. Shopping is a matter of convenience and local shops are very convenient.
– Why would people go shopping alone? I guess they love shopping alone because they wish to spend sufficient time before making a choice. If someone accompanies them, they are compelled to make decisions according to the other person.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.