Describe a time when you received money as a gift. Please say
– When did you receive it?
– What did you do with it?
– How did you feel about it?
A similar question appeared in October 2018 test:
Talk about an instance when you gave someone money as a gift. Please say
– Who was that person?
– When and why did you give them money?
– How did you feel about it later?
Invest one minute in brainstorming about this topic’s questions. If you’ve not read my advice on developing each answer in a proper way, please read the lesson on speaking.
PLUS, you can implement the idea of collocations in this answer. Here is the link to a truly useful article: Lessons in speaking – collocations.
Well, I’ve received numerous gifts on various occasions since childhood. These gifts range from a football to a smartphone. Last year, for the first time, I received money as a gift from my parents on the occasion of my twentieth birthday.
My dad was not sure about which gift I will prefer and he convinced my mom that they should gift me some money that I can use as per my wish. I think this was a perfect rationale as I used this money to throw a party for my friends. Before this gift, I didn’t have sufficient money to party with my friends. While I was planning to party at home to reduce the expenses, they were insisting on going to the Barbecue Nation, a famous restaurant. Well, this money enabled me to take my friends to this restaurant and we enjoyed numerous Italian, Chinese, and Indian dishes.
I was really grateful to my parents for giving money as a gift. It helped me to enjoy with my friends and turn the party into a memorable experience. If they had gifted me a product such as a mobile phone, I would not have been able to spend quality time with my friends.
– Do you think people prefer to receive gifts instead of money? Why? Well, I guess people prefer money instead of any product as gift. Since there are thousands of products around us, it is really difficult to decide the right product to gift. Money, on the other hand, allows a person to purchase a product of his choice.
– Do you think parents should teach children how to save money? Certainly, they must teach children to save every penny. This builds a lifelong habit to spend wisely. In a world full of enticing products, it is important for everyone to think before spending.
– How often do you go to parks? Well, I visit parks every day to jog for 30 minutes followed by a 15-minute session of yoga.
– Do you like to have leisure activities in open park spaces? Of course, every month my family members and I visit a park in the Himalayas for picnic. We love the cool, fresh air of these mountains.
– What improvements would you make in parks? I think the parks in my area need proper lighting. It is really scary to jog or walk in the dark.
– Do you usually use cash or a credit card? I love cash and rarely use a credit card. This helps me put a check on my spending. While my credit card has a limit of 1000 dollars, I carry not more than a hundred dollars. This forces me to buy things within a limit.
– What are the advantages of having a credit card? I guess credit cards have two benefits. They help you track your purchase pattern. That is, while a person may forget where exactly he spent the cash, a credit card statement keeps a track of all expenses. Secondly, they help us to purchase expensive products on Equal Monthly Installments (EMIs).
– Do credit cards have drawbacks? Indeed. They often compel a person to spend exuberantly since he has to pay later. Cash, on the other hand, imposes a limit.
– Do you think cash will be replaced by credit cards in the future? I don’t think so. Cash will be partly replaced by the credit cards. But, people will keep using cash as well.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.