Talk about a teenager that you know well. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– How did you meet him/her?
– Can you describe him/her?
Since I am a teacher, I regularly talk to a lot of teenagers during my lectures. XYZ, who is a student in my grade 12 mathematics class, is a teenager whom I know really well.
I know him since his father and I are childhood friends. We studied in the same school and lived in the same neighborhood. We also visit each other’s homes with our families. As a teacher, I first met XYZ when he joined my school in grade 10.
He is a remarkable boy with several distinguishing characteristics. Firstly, he is very sharp in studies. He excels in all subjects ranging from the English language to Mathematics. Secondly, he is more than six feet tall and is a good sportsperson. In fact, he is the captain of the school’s basketball team. He has also won several inter-school competitions in athletic games such as 400 meters running. I am sure he will be a successful person in the future.
– What is the difference between a child, a teenager and an adult? Well, I think the difference is of age. While a child is anyone below the age of twelve, those between the ages of 13 and 19 are called teenagers. The definition of adults varies from one country to another. In India, for example, all those who are 18 years old or above are called adults. The age for adulthood in the USA is 21.
– At what age can a child be considered a teenager? I guess it is 13 years. Once a child is of that age, she is considered a teenager.
– Is there any difference between teenage boys and girls? Why? I think teenage boys and girls are very different. While boys are still naughty, girls are serious and mature. I guess this is due to the difference in male and female hormones.
– At what age do you consider a teenager to be an adult? Why? Well, the legal age for adulthood is 18. However, I think the right age should be 21 as three more years give a person a better understanding of life. A person turns more serious towards career, parents, and business at the age of 21.
Follow this blog and like our Facebook page to learn exciting new essays and cue cards. You can contact me HERE.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing a polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.
Categories: Blog, speaking task
Leave a Reply