You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.
Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. In your letter
- Say where you think you left the papers
- Explain why they are so important
- Tell the manager what you want him/her to do
20 minutes, 150 words at least.
I am writing this letter to
tell inform you that I had left my graduation mark sheets at your hotel during the education council meeting held last Monday, 20th December.
Most students begin task 1 with “I am writing this letter”. The examiners, thus, consider this as a mechanical way of writing. This is NOT your original style.
Last Monday, I attended the education council meeting in your hotel’s hall and, accidentally, forgot my graduation mark sheets on one of the tables.
Note parallelism – I attended ….. and forgot …….
had (1) attended the meeting in the red ballroom and the seat number allocated to me was 0048. During my presentation, I had kept my file containing mark sheets at the front table near the projector and forgot to pick that it up after the meeting. The file It is black in color and has my name tag on it.
1. Wrong tense: The past perfect tense is used to refer to PAST OF PAST. When I reached home, my wife had already cooked the dinner. Read my article on the difference between Simple Past Tense and Past Perfect Tense.
the file it consists of contains (2) my graduation papers which will be required in the near future for job purpose, so (3) I need them it at the earliest. (Use singular pronoun – it – to refer to the file.) It will be very difficult (It will be tough) and time-consuming for me to get them (use plural subject above – papers – for a plural pronoun.) again from the university as my college is out of the country.
2. Consists of = when something is made up of another thing. The file can not be made of graduation papers. The right word is “contains”.
3. Do not use SO if you’ve used SINCE. Since X, Y.
It is my humble request if you could check the file in the ballroom and inform me if it is found. I will arrange someone to pick
that it up from your hotel reception after the confirmation.
I will be eagerly waiting for your positive reply. Thank you in advance.
There is sufficient scope to improve lexical resource and grammar. You’ve developed each point in a specific manner.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.