To be labeled a ‘Work of Art’, a painting, sculpture or other art forms should display certain qualities that are unique. However, over the past century, there has been a decline in the quality of prize-winning artwork and it is now possible for quite ordinary pieces of art to be labeled ‘masterpieces’ whilst true works of art pass unnoticed. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
40 minutes, 250 words at least.
Work of art
means , that refers to a piece of art, a painting or a sculpture, (1) should expose express (present) the thoughts, which is special to that artist. (Restructure to avoid WHICH in the latter part of the sentence: …. express the unique thoughts of an artist.) However, some people thinking think that there is a quality of appreciation is declined declining in artworks meanwhile, simple pieces of art should be are being labeled as masterpieces and true works are not being noticed noticing. (2) This essay agrees that true artworks are lack of quality (3) prize-winning, due to support from government and public.
1. If you want to give the definition of something and the purpose of sentence is something else, give it as a MODIFIER. A modifier is a clause that is NOT a part of the main sentence and it gives ADDITIONAL information about a noun. It is placed within two commas. Please read my article on MODIFIERS to understand this concept.
2. Please understand the difference between active and passive voices and why you should use the PASSIVE here. If you write ACTIVE: true works are noticing = work can’t notice something. People can notice work. The subject here should be people. That is, the correct active voice is: People are noticing true works of art. If you want to use passive voice, you can comfortably avoid the subject (people) – true works are being noticed (by people).
3. Sentence structuring issues. You want to connect two things – A. Artworks lack quality. B. Artworks win prizes due to government support. These are two contrasting statements. Connect them using ALTHOUGH. (Although X, Y) Although artworks these days lack quality, they win prizes due to support from governments.
Most of the people in this generation
are lack of lack information about the art works , t Therefore it is difficult to know ideas of artistic work. (4) Our society are is also not encouraging these (which varieties? These does not refer to anything.) varieties of arts. The government should help people to learn these type of work of arts by creating importance about art of work (5). In addition it is a art of expressing the qualities that are unique. The paragraph does not adequately and logically explain your ideas. This will reduce score in TR, LR and CC.
4. You’ve raised an idea (people lack information) but you’ve not explained it adequately. Please explain the idea to improve your bad score. It is difficult to judge a painting, music or sculpture without a thorough understanding of art. People need to learn about various forms and ideas of art to correctly interpret contemporary art.
5. “Work of art” is not the same as “Art of work”. They are very different.
On other hand,
comparing as compared to previous days the past, now their is a shortage of arts. In previous days (Repetition of previous days) the public (Wrong tense. Use Simple Past Tense for previous days.) treated treating it (IT does not refer back to any noun/ subject.) is one of the greatest arts (6) and supporting supported by giving appreciation to that art. But in today’s world their (the pronoun does not refer to any noun.) sacred of competitions and, if conducted, these competitions they are not encouraging do not encourage the new arts. The paragraph is not logically developed. What is the link between “appreciation of art in the past” and “competitions today”? Every sentence must have a logical connection with the previous sentence.
7. The sentence is poor on logic. The public treated whom as the greatest art?
Including that, some of people are using their power and to be labeled as masterpiece. Moreover, some individuals use their influence to label their art as a masterpiece. (Do not use present continuous tense (are using); also, avoid passive voice (to be labeled). In your sentence, it seems PEOPLE are being labeled as a masterpiece. Not ART.)
for work of art society is giving less importance to the work of art. h However, by this new arts are not encouraging encouraged and has decreased the qualities of the artwork. Government has to provide a place for these arts and encourage by giving appreciation to the masterpiece of art work instead of ordinary work.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.