Write a letter to a friend. You have borrowed something from your friend and it got damaged.
1. Apologize for damaging the product.
2. Explain what happened.
3. Say how you are going to fix the issue.
20 minutes, 150 words at least.
I deeply regret to
tell inform you that your motorcycle, which you rendered me last week, has been was involved in an accident yesterday. (1) I know that your motorcycle it is very close to your heart and you will be unhappy after this news. (2) Please accept my sincere apology for the same.
1. Wrong tense. HAS BEEN = something started in the past and it continues in the present. The accident occurred in the past. Use Simple Past Tense.
2. Note that these are two independent clauses that you’ve connected using AND. Please use a subject in both parts. Without YOU, the sentence is incomplete.
I was riding
your motorcycle the bike (3) with care and I was under the legal speed limit , but, w . While I was coming back from my village, one man, who was drunk, hit me from the right-hand side. He was also riding a scooter and lost his control suddenly. He and I both fell down on the road and we received some flash flesh injuries (minor injuries) and our vehicles also got pretty much damaged.
3. THE is a referencing device here. It helps the reader refer back to MOTORCYCLE mentioned in the introduction.
Nonetheless, (You’re taking the bike for repair because of the accident. Not despite the accident. Wrong cohesive device.) I am taking your motorcycle to the workshop and I will be paying pay for all the damages. I have asked for the a detailed quote from the workshop manager so that I can estimate the expense and pay for (4) all the parts which need replacement or repair. I want to assure you that once I will be returning when I return your motorcycle, it will be in perfect condition as I received it from you. (… it will be in the same condition as I received from you.)
4. Parallelism: I can A and B. The first word of A and that of B should belong to the same family – estimate and pay are verbs.
Your best friend,
Follow this blog and like our Facebook page to learn exciting new essays and cue cards. You can contact me HERE.
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
Contact me for writing polished and effective Statement of Purpose.
Contact me for Editing Services and Document Writing Services.
Categories: Answer Checking, Blog
Leave a Reply